AV Linux 5.0.3 Released!Overview:
AV Linux 5.0.3 "Tube" has been released, it represents some important refinements and tweaks to the very successful 5.0.2 release. AV Linux 5.0.3 will be the last ISO update of the 5.0 series and for the first time is accompanied with a 3 part Youtube screencast detailing 'What's New In AV Linux 5.0.3?'. Highlights include Trulan Martin's 3.0.16 Kernel, Iceweasel 9.0.1, gThumb replaces GPicview, better OOTB M-Audio Fast Track Pro 24 bit support, linuxDSP's PEQ-2 demo, a few handy hidden scripts and important updates to almost every featured Video Editor.Thanks:
Tony Brijeski - Remastersys, forum hosting
RevLinux - forum hosting
Trulan Martin - Kernel development, ISO Testing
Allen Tate - Torrents...PLEASE USE TORRENTS FIRST
varpa - ISO Testing
danboid - makesfz scriptFULL CHANGELOG:
- Move to Kernel 3.0.16 with USB duplex fix
- Incorporate new Kernel repository in Software Sources
- Supply 'performance' CPU defaults for AC and 'ondemand' defaults for Laptops running on battery.
- Supply M-Audio Fast Track Pro module config in /etc/modprobe.d
- 'About AV Linux' now shows version number
- Supply complete Blappleness-AV dark theme
- Supply modified faenza icon hybrid theme for use with dark theme
- Complete new 'Tube' theme and menu button
- Moved menu buttons to /usr/share/icons/Menu-Buttons
- Added more WinFF HD Editing presets
- Added 'youtube-dl' script
- Added danboid's 'makesfz' script
- Added 'recordscreen' python script for screen capture - run it within it's folder with 'python ./recordscreen.py'
- Added 'DV-Grab' launcher, simply plug in your firewire DV camera and quick capture with ffplay preview monitoring.
- Added Whysynth DSSI
- Supply improved 'linuxvst-plugin-pack' for use with Ardour 3 and other Sequencers
- Updated to ffmpeg 0.7.11 and related support libs
- Numerous multimedia program updates (see manual or screencasts for version numbers)
- Removed Goobox and Gnome Audio
- Replaced GPicview with gThumb
- Replaced JSampler Fantasia with QSamplerCVSSCREENCASTS:
This is my first attempt at a screencast and debut on Youtube...Please be gentle! There was a surprising amount of material to cover so I ended up breaking it into 3 parts, unsurprisingly I missed a few things but the main changes are listed in the Changelog above. These screencasts are not covering AV Linux itself in detail or all of the included applications, simply what features are new for this 5.0.3 release. I hope to take what I've learned here and provide some actual workflow tutorials in the future. I think it important to mention the screencasts were completely captured running AV Linux 5.0.3 on a bootable USB Key and edited later using CinelerraCV 2.2 and Openshot 1.4.2.
If anyone wants to download the videos in their original format (pre-Youtube compression) they can be found here:http://bandshed.net/video/WhatsNewInAV503Pt1.mp4http://bandshed.net/video/WhatsNewInAV503Pt2.mp4http://bandshed.net/video/WhatsNewInAV503Pt3.mp4Don't forget to refresh your browser for the updated webpage links...
Enjoy!Get it here:http://www.bandshed.net/DownloadInstall.html